- Floor Tiles
- Comments Off on Terrazzo Flooring Tiles Repair, Restore, and Cost
- Posted on
Terrazzo flooring tiles have been in vogue for so long, and the name remains today. Terrazzo is fashionable, and it compliments homes and buildings. Both the indoor and the outdoor of a building with Terrazzo Tiles laid looks beautiful and enticing. Your bathroom and kitchen, too, will look beautiful and homier when Terrazzo is applied.
History has it that the Venetian artisan will gather the remnants of marbles that will become a waste, so they packed them and turned them into Terrazzo tiles. The composite materials are shell, quartz, glass marble, and granite with epoxy resin or cement.
Meanwhile, the functionality and longevity of Terrazzo Tiles can’t stop some accidental and inevitable cracks and damages, be it from heavy traffic from machines and drops of stain on the surface.
Terrazzo tiles tend to last longer than any other tiles, but it doesn’t matter the years of installation; there is a need to overhaul to activate the initial brightness and beauty. Repair and restoration is excellent way to maintain your Terrazzo Tiles.
No matter the crack and the hole on your Terrazzo Tiles, repair and restoration will return the beauty and elegance of your Terrazzo Tiles. This article will enlighten you on adequately repairing and restoring your discolored, damaged and stained Elegante Terrazzo Flooring Tiles.
Steps to Repair Terrazzo Tiles
Every crack on the Terrazzo can be fixed. The steps here will help you do a comprehensive restoration of your Terrazzo Flooring Tile or engage the expert depending on your budget.
Sometimes, things may fall on the surface of the Terrazzo unknowingly, or anything may drop on it. But when the stains and cracks are overlooked, your Terrazzo may lose its beauty and elegance.
However, you can’t clean the surface of the Terrazzo with anything you see around you. When you fix the Terrazzo tiles yourself, it’s cheaper to employ a professional repair. Meanwhile, the charges will depend on the defect.
Here are some guides to repair and restore your affected Terrazzo Flooring Tiles. You can read more about Terrazzo Tiles – The Home Decoration by visiting http://aplusplumbersfederalway.com/terrazzo-tiles-the-home-decoration/
- Arrange the affected area depending on the size of damage that happened on your Terrazzo Tiles. The first step is to observe the surface to know the depth of wear on the Terrazzo. You will need to use your chisel or hammer to open the pit and remove the coating on the floor with sealer remover. The place must be left open, leaving no leftovers.
- Measurement. The following method is measuring the affected area you want to repair. The measure will help you accurately fix the damaged area, and also it will guide you on the amount of mix you will apply to the damaged area. Because the measurement you get will determine the solution, you will use on the hole you have made.
- Prepare the solution. The damage will determine the solution mixture you will make. If the gap is like a pit, you will mix water, white Portland cement, and pigment-based on the initial color.
Your mixer must turn the combination into a paste to be effective on the surface. Therefore if the affected area is large, the mixture will need hardener, epoxy, and pigment-based on the instruction from the designer.
- Application of the solution. After getting your key ready, the next step is to apply the solution to the area. This step will require a trowel to fill and press the solution on the damaged area to the top surface to avoid air penetration. You can also carefully add epoxy based on your wish.
- Clean the Surface. After 12 hours of solidity and dryness, you can now use the diamond polishing pad on the repaired area. You will need to do the polishing. The polishing can either be done by using recrystallization, polishing powder, or diamond-polishing method in other to achieve the goal.
The diamond-polishing method will effectively help the color and brightness of your Terrazzo come out well. Though it is expensive, it will activate the glory of the Terrazzo Flooring Tiles. The polishing powder is also good but based on your capacity.
Your polishing powder will be applied to the affected surface and buff. This process should …